Canada Immigration


According to Canada’s Immigration Program Canada has the highest per capita immigration rate in the world, although statistics in the CIA World Fact book shows that a number of city states and small island nations, as well as some larger countries in regions with refugee movements, have higher per capita rates. Canada is also unusual among western nations in the widespread popular support for high rates of immigration, and in recent years support for immigration has increased in Canada. All of Canada’s major political parties support either sustaining or increasing the current level of immigration.


Persons who immigrate to Canada under the Provincial Nominee Program have the skills, education and work experience needed to make an immediate economic contribution to the province or territory that nominates them. They are ready to establish themselves successfully as permanent residents in Canada.

To apply under the Provincial Nominee Program, applicants must be nominated by a Canadian province or territory.


Skilled workers are selected as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other criteria that have been shown to help them become economically established in Canada.

An applicant must also have at least one (1) year of paid full-time (37.5 hours per week or more) work experience within the past ten (10) years in one of the occupations listed in either Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). The NOC was developed by Human Resources and Social Development Canada to be a systematic cataloging of occupations in the Canadian labour market.

The NOC is divided into five (5) bands:

Skill Type 0 Management Occupations;
Skill Type A Which is primarily comprised of professional occupations;
Skill Type B Which consists of technical, skilled trades and paraprofessional occupations;
Skill Type C Which comprises occupations that mainly consist of intermediate level, clerical or supportive functions;
Skill Type D Which consists of elemental sales or service and primary labourer occupations?

Only experience in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A and B are considered relevant for applicants in the Independent/Skilled Worker Class. To immigrate in the Independent/Skilled Worker Class, the experience in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A and B must consist of actions described in the lead description and a substantial number of the duties described in the Main Duties section of the NOC, including all the essential duties.

Assuming that they meet the prerequisites, applicants are then assessed according to various selection criteria by Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials and applicants must attain a minimum score of sixty-seven (67) points overall in order to be eligible to become permanent residents of Canada.

These selection criteria are as follows:

1.Education:Maximum25 Points
2.Official Languages:Maximum24 Points
3.Experience:Maximum21 Points
4.Arranged Employment:Maximum10 Points
5.Age:Maximum10 Points
6.Adaptability:Maximum10 Points
Total Points:Maximum100 Points
Points Required to Pass:Minimum67 Points


Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) knows it is important to help families who come from other countries to reunite in Canada. If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative (such as a parent or grandparent) to become a permanent resident. CIC refers to the immigrants who are eligible to use this family sponsoring process as the Family Class. If you become a permanent resident, you can live, study and work in Canada.

When you arrive in Canada as a permanent resident, you must make every reasonable effort to provide for your own essential needs and those of your family.

If you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, you must make sure your spouse or relative does not need to seek financial assistance from the government.

The process to sponsor your family begins when you, as a citizen or permanent resident in Canada, apply to be a sponsor.

There are two different processes for sponsoring your family. One process is used for sponsoring your spouse, conjugal or common-law partner and/or dependent children. Another process is used to sponsor other eligible relatives.

You can sponsor relatives or family members from abroad if they are :

  • Spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older; parents and grandparents;
  • Dependent children, including adopted children;
  • Children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;
  • Children under guardianship;
  • Brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans; under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or you may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have an aunt, uncle or family member from the list above who you could sponsor or who is already a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident.
  • A son or daughter is dependent when the child: is under the age of 22 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner; is a full time student and is substantially dependent on a parent for financial support since before the age of 22, or since becoming a spouse or common-law partner (if this happened before age 22); or is financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 22 because of a disability.

Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class

You may also sponsor a spouse or common-law partner from within Canada if they have been living with you in Canada and have maintained their legal temporary status. Sponsorship of a spouse or common-law partner includes their dependent children whether inside or outside of Canada.


The Business Immigration Program seeks to attract experienced business people to Canada who will support the development of a strong and prosperous Canadian economy.

Business immigrants are expected to make a C$800,000 investment or to own and manage businesses in Canada, and must meet certain experience and/or net worth criteria.

The criteria you must meet to qualify are different for each class. Find out if you can immigrate in one of these classes:

  • Investors
  • Entrepreneurs
  • Self-employed


The Immigrant Investor Program seeks experienced business people to invest C$800,000 into Canada’s economy and become permanent residents. Investors must:

Show that they have business experience
Have a minimum net worth of C$1,600,000 that was obtained legally and
Make a C$800,000 investment
Your investment is managed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and is guaranteed by the Canadian provinces that use it to create jobs and help their economies grow.

CIC will return your C$800,000 investment, without interest, about five years and two months after payment


The Entrepreneur Program seeks to attract experienced business persons who will own and actively manage businesses in Canada that contribute to the economy and create jobs. Entrepreneurs must:

Show that they have business experience
Have a minimum net worth of C$300,000 that was obtained legally and
Respect the conditions for entrepreneurs after they arrive in Canada


The Self-Employed Persons Program seeks to attract applicants who have the intention and ability to become self-employed in Canada. Self-employed persons are required to have either:

  • Relevant experience that will make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada
  • Experience in farm management and the intention and ability to purchase and manage a farm in Canada.


Every year, over 150,000 foreign workers enter Canada to work temporarily in jobs that help Canadian employers address skill shortages, or to work as live-in caregivers.

* A work permit is needed for most temporary jobs in Canada.


What you should know?

If you want to work in Canada, you must understand the following important information:

  • Your employer helps determine if you are eligible. Your employer may need to get a labour market opinion from Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC). A labour market opinion confirms that the employer can fill the job with a foreign worker.
  • To work in Canada, you must meet the general requirements for entering the country and for staying here, in addition to those for getting a work permit. This means you may need a temporary resident visa.
  • Work permit is not an immigration document. It does not allow you to live in Canada permanently. To live here permanently, you must qualify under an immigration category, such as skilled worker. Live–in caregivers can stay in Canada permanently if they meet certain requirements.


Live-in caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision. Live-in caregivers must live in the private home where they work in Canada.

Both the employer and the employee must follow several steps to meet the requirements of the Live-In Caregiver Program.

Information for live-in caregivers :

  • To work as a live-in caregiver in Canada, you must make an application to the Live-In Caregiver Program. If your application is successful, you will receive a work permit.

The Live-in Caregiver Program: Who can apply

You must meet certain requirements to be eligible for the Live‑in Caregiver Program in Canada.

You will need:

  • A positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from an employer in Canada
  • A written contract with your future employer, signed by you and your employer
  • Successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school education
  • At least six months’ training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation (including six months with one employer) in the past three years
  • Good knowledge of English or French
  • A work permit before you enter Canada


Welcome to Tirupati Immigration Inc.…………

A one stop solution to your dreams to come true and acing up your sleeves is possible with us.

We, at Tirupati help you to get your Immigration guidance right from the scratch. We provide all information over here which you need to immigrate abroad.

Your journey starts right away when you enter our office. We counsel you perfectly regarding all your doubts. You are being catered to have all the information to your satisfaction.

We mainly deal with two programs for Canada Immigration.

  • Federal Skilled Worker program
  • Manitoba Provincial Program

Federal Skilled Worker program is for those who fall under the Categories the government has decided at respective time. It is specially for Toronto. It includes 29 occupations since July 2011. The occupations are:

  • 0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers
  • 0811 Primary Production Managers (Except Agriculture)
  • 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management (Cap reached)
  • 1233 Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners
  • 2121 Biologists and Related Scientists
  • 2151 Architects
  • 3111 Specialist Physicians
  • 3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians
  • 3113 Dentists
  • 3131 Pharmacists
  • 3142 Physiotherapists
  • 3152 Registered Nurses (Cap reached)
  • 3215 Medical Radiation Technologists
  • 3222 Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists
  • 3233 Licensed Practical Nurses
  • 4151 Psychologists
  • 4152 Social Workers
  • 6241 Chefs
  • 6242 Cooks
  • 7215 Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades
  • 7216 Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades
  • 7241 Electricians (Except Industrial & Power System)
  • 7242 Industrial Electricians
  • 7251 Plumbers
  • 7265 Welders & Related Machine Operators
  • 7312 Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics
  • 7371 Crane Operators
  • 7372 Drillers & Blasters – Surface Mining, Quarrying & Construction
  • 8222 Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service

Minimum of 67 points is required to prove the eligibility to migrate to Canada on FSW.